Whole Wheat Pancakes
Quick and easy whole wheat pancakes without baking powder and soda
Prep Time: 5 minutes .
Cooking Time: 10 to 15 minutes
Make: 12 Pancakes
- Whole wheat flour- 3/4 cup
- Pure Vanilla extract – 1/2 to 3/4 tsp
- Whole Milk- 3/4 cup
- Salt -1 pinch
- Egg- 2 ( separated)
- Powdered cane Sugar/brown sugar – 2 tbsp
- Butter – as required
- Maple syrup /honey – as required( to serve)
- In a mixing bowl gently whisk together whole wheat flour,vanilla extract,milk ,salt and egg yolks just until combined.Do not over mix.Set aside.
- In a clean bowl,add the egg whites.Whip the whites until frothy using a hand whisk or an electric beater.
- Add the sugar and continue to whip until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold this egg white-sugar mixture into the prepared batter in 3 or 4 batches,folding just until there are no visible white streaks.( For light and spongy pancakes fold the egg whites mixture into the batter with a gentle cutting ,lifting and folding action.Also make sure you cook the pancakes as soon as you prepare the batter)
- Heat a griddle over medium heat,brush with butter.Pour a ladle( about 1/3 rd cup) of batter onto the griddle and gently spread with the back of the ladle to form a circle.Flip the pancakes when bubbles starts to form on the top and the edges are just set and turns golden.Cook other side until golden brown.Serve warm with butter and honey /maple syrup.
- To perfectly whip the egg whites make sure the whisk and the bowl is clean and dry.
- 1 cup equals 250 ml