Homemade Hamburger Buns
Soft and fluffy hamburger bun recipe.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes + rising
Makes: 8 buns
- All purpose flour- 1/2 cup + 3 cups( total 455 gms)
- Active dry yeast- 2 and 1/4 tsp( 1 packet /7 gms)
- Lukewarm water – 235 ml(approx 1 cup)
- Egg – 1 large
- Butter,melted – 3 tbsp
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Salt- 1 and 1/4 tsp (8 gms)
- Egg – 1 medium ( for egg wash)
- Milk – 1 tbsp( for egg wash0
- Sesame seeds – as required
- In a large bowl combine together 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, yeast and lukewarm water.Whisk together until smooth.Keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes or until foamy.
- Add 1 egg, melted butter, sugar and salt.
- Whisk well until combined.
- Add the remaining flour and mix well.
- Knead well for 10 to 12 minutes.The dough will be soft, elastic and slightly sticky.Drizzle 1 or 2 tsp oil into the bowl and turn the dough to coat the entire surface thinly with oil.Cover it with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and leave to rise in a warm place until doubled in volume for about 2 hours.
- Punch down the risen dough using your fist.Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Form into a 1/2 ” thick rectangle and divide it into 8 equal pieces.Form each piece into 1/2 ” thick rounds .Line a baking tray with parchment paper.Arrange the buns 1/2 ” apart on prepared baking tray.Dust the buns very lightly with flour.Loosely cover with a plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until almost doubled in volume for about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 190 Deg C.In a bowl,mix together 1 egg and 1 tbsp milk using a fork until combined.Very gently brush the buns with the egg mixture without deflating the risen dough.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and bake for about 15 to 17 minutes or until lightly browned on top.Let cool completely before slicing.
- You can find the recipe for vegetable patties ( in pic) here.
Ria SamuelSeptember 15, 2016 at 8:01 pm
Looks real fluffy and by no means homemade.
RadheshSeptember 20, 2020 at 3:20 am
Is it possible to make with out oven
KurryleavesSeptember 21, 2020 at 5:45 pm
Yes..you can bake using a pressure cooker …follow the steps same as mentioned in the pressure cooker vanilla cake