Pacha Kurumulaku aracha mathi varuthathu
Spicy and delicious sardine fry with green peppercorns
Prep Time: -30 minutes .
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 3 to 4
- Mathi/Sardine,cleaned – 10 to 12 medium
- Pacha Kurumulaku/green peppercorns – 1.5 to 2 tbsp (3 to 4 strings-see notes)
- Garlic cloves – 4
- Turmeric powder – 1/2tsp
- Shallots – 3 to 4 (optional)
- Curry leaves – few (optional)
- Water – as required
- Salt – to taste
- Coconut oil – as required
- Using banana leaves to fry the fish helps in reducing the oil required in frying and it also imparts a nice flavor and aroma to the fried fish.
- If banana leaves are not available shallow fry the fish in a heavy bottomed pan.In that case add a handful of curry leaves into the hot oil before placing the fish.
- Adjust the quantity of pepper according to your taste.