Healthy and nutritious dosa with Indian pennywort
Prep Time: -5 minutes .
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 2 to 3
- Kudangal leaves/vellarai keerai,stems removed and washed- 1 to 1.5 cups
- Dosa batter – 2 cups
- Ginger,chopped – 1/4tsp
- Shallots – 5 to 6
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri chili powder – 1/4 tsp (or use 1 green chili or 1/2 tsp black pepper powder)
- Ghee/oil – as required
- Salt – to taste
- In a blender combine together kudangal leaves,1/2 cup dosa batter ,ginger,shallots,cumin seeds and chili powder and blend to form a smooth paste.
- Add this to the remaining batter along with salt to taste, mix well until combined.Heat a tawa/dosa pan.Lightly brush it with oil.Spread a ladle full of batter on the tawa to form a thin and large circle.
- When it is cooked and the edge starts to brown,turn the dosa over to the other side using a spatula.Cook for few more seconds and transfer onto a serving dish.Serve with chutney/sambar.
- I halved the recipe as you can see in the pictures above.
- Kudangal has numerous health benefits and is considered as ‘food for the brain’ and is excellent for kids.
- Click here for more breakfast recipes.