- Fish cut into small cubes(any firm fish)- 1/2 kg
- Oil for frying fish
- Cornflour-2 tbsp
- All purpose flour-2tbsp
- Soya sauce- 2tsp
- Red chili powder- 1 tsp
- Pepper powder- 1-2 tsp
- Salt to taste
For the gravy
- Ginger chopped-1/2 tbsp
- Garlic chopped-1/2 tbsp
- Green chilies chopped- 1
- Red chilli (deseeded and crushed)- 3nos
- Onion(diced)- 1 no
- Spring onion chopped- 11/2 tbsp
- Bell pepper/Capsicum (diced)-1/2 cup
- Kashmiri Chili powder- 1 tsp
- Pepper powder- 1 tsp or more
- Tomato sauce- 1 tbsp
- Soya sauce- 1tbsp
- Cornflour-1 tsp
- Mix all the ingredients for the batter with enough water to form a thick batter.
- Add the fish pieces into the batter and keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the fish pieces and keep aside.
- Heat oil in another pan and add the chopped ginger , garlic,red chili flakes and green chilies .Saute till done.
- Add onion ,bell pepper and spring onion , saute till onion turn translucent.
- Add chili powder and pepper powder.Saute for a minute.
- Add soya sauce and tomato sauce,stir well.Add some water and bring to a boil.Add salt to taste.
- Add 3 tbsp water to cornflour and mix well.Add this to the gravy .Stir well till the gravy thickens.
- Now reduce the flame and add the fried fish pieces ,cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle chopped spring onion on top and serve.
This goes well with rice,fried rice and noodles.
PlatefulJune 25, 2011 at 6:26 pm
Ahhh, this looks so sooo delicious. I'm seriously drooling here…!