Kerala Fish Roast
Kerala Fish Roast-Learn how to prepare spicy and delicious Kerala style fish roast.
Quick and easy Kerala style spicy fish roast
Prep Time: 30 minutes .
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Serves: 3 to 4
- Neymeen/Kingfish or any other firm fish- 300 to 400gms
- Onion,sliced – 1 and 3/4 cups( 3 medium)
- Curryleaves – 2 sprigs
- Green chilies,chopped- 1 to 2
- Ginger,finely chopped – 1 tsp
- Garlic,finely chopped – 1 tsp
- Kashmiri chili powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala- 1/4 tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
- Hot water – 1/8 cup
- Tomato,chopped – 3/4 cup(1 large)
- Coconut oil – as required
- Salt – to taste
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
- Kashmiri chili powder – 1.5 tsp
- Coriander powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- fenugreek powder – 1 pinch
- Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Water – as required
- Salt – to taste
- Combine together all the ingredients listed under ‘for marination’ to form a thick paste , rub this onto the fish.Marinate for about 2 hour or at least 30 minutes.Heat oil in a pan and add onion,curry leaves,green chilies,ginger and garlic.
- Saute until onion turns golden brown.Now ,reduce the flame to low and add kashmiri chili powder,turmeric powder,coriander powder,garam masala powder and black pepper powder and mix well.
- Add 1/8 cup hot water .Mix well and cook until masala starts to leave the sides of the pan.Next add the tomato and salt to taste, stir well.
- Cover and cook until tomato turns mushy.( Stir well in between to avoid burning.)
- Arrange the marinated fish over the masala,cover and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes over medium flame.( make sure you stir gently in between to avoid burning).Uncover and gently turn the fish and cook for another 10 minutes or until masala coats the fish.Garnish with curry leaves and green chilies.
- Adjust the quantity of green chilies and kashmiri chili powder according to your taste.