- Milk -1 cup
- Thick cream-2 cups
- Cornflour-2 tbsp
- Sugar-3/4 cup
- Salt- 1 pinch
- Egg yolk- 1 no
- Vanilla essence-2 tsp
For caramel suce
- Sugar- 3 tbsp
- Butter- 1 tbsp
- Milk-1/4 to1/2 cup
- To make caramel sauce,heat a heavy bottomed pan and add sugar and cook till it is completely melted and the colour turns golden brown(swirl the pan in between if required).
- Now add Butter and mix well,reduce the flame to low and pour in the milk and cook till the sauce thickens.Keep aside to cool.
- Beat egg yolk and vanilla essence together and keep aside.
- To prepare ice cream mix together milk,cream,cornflour,sugar and salt until combined.Cook this for 10 to 15 minutes or until it is almost boiling ,over low heat.
- Gradually pour the hot milk and cream mixture on to the egg mixture,whisking as you do so.
- Return the mixture into a saucepan and cook,stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until the custard mixture thickens sufficiently to coat the back of the spoon.
- Transfer the mixture to a wide container .Allow it to cool well .
- Cover and place the container in the refrigerator to chill for 30-40 minutes.
- Once it is cold add 3 tsp of caramel sauce and mix well and put it into the freezer for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Take the container out ,now it should have just started freezing from the outside edges.
- Using a wooden spatula or a sturdy whisk, beat the mixture well to make it smooth once again.Put it in the freezer.
- Continue to check every 30-40 minutes,stirring well as it freezing.(repeat this process for 3 times)
- After the third mixing cycle,once the mixture is soft add the remaining caramel sauce and fold it in lightly for just two or three times.Put it back into the freezer and keep freezing until it is firm.
Sending this to Joy of fasting to feasting at kitchen flavours
and Iftar nights at Jabeens corner
UnknownAugust 19, 2011 at 3:32 pm
Wow so creamy n yummy..looks perfect
Saucy SicilianaAugust 19, 2011 at 3:33 pm
Oh, this is just to swoon over!!! I would love to taste it right now. I found you at my friend Santosh. I'm Sicilian and my husband is Japanese, we lived in India for 10 years. My daughter and I just love Indian food and we miss New Delhi so much. I'll tell my daughter (hungrycaramella.blogspot.com) to follow you, she loves caramel … as you can see from the name:) I'm following you from Rome, we're here on holiday but we live in Sicily.
Suja ManojAugust 19, 2011 at 3:54 pm
Creamy and tempting..beautul cliks and presentation
NithyaAugust 19, 2011 at 4:06 pm
Delicious to the core. Damn tempting the pics are 🙂 You are making me simply drool 🙂
PujaAugust 19, 2011 at 4:17 pm
The texture is perfection n the pics super droolworthy!!
Sangeetha MAugust 19, 2011 at 5:53 pm
wow….so delicous n creamy…u got the perfect texture…awesome clicks dear…drool..drool!!!!
Mary BergfeldAugust 19, 2011 at 6:20 pm
What a lovely treat. Your pictures of the ice cream are just gorgeous. I hope you have a great day. Blessings…Mary
AzAugust 19, 2011 at 6:37 pm
Yummy.. perfect for this weather!!
RamyaAugust 19, 2011 at 7:10 pm
wow…lovely ice cream..
Rinku NaveenAugust 19, 2011 at 7:12 pm
Hmmm…Im drooling over that ice cream. Would love to have it.Lovely clicks too..
Sobha ShyamAugust 19, 2011 at 7:40 pm
thats truly yummy icecream..plz pass me that bowl 🙂
Priya SureshAugust 19, 2011 at 9:40 pm
First time here, u have a beautiful space..Soft and delicious icecream..
NehaAugust 19, 2011 at 11:27 pm
So nice and creamy ice cream…Yummy
Love and other SpicesAugust 20, 2011 at 9:55 am
Wow,you have a lovely blog..nice clicks..Your profile says you are in UAE. I am in Dubai,where are you..? Would love to catch up with you..
Prathima RaoAugust 20, 2011 at 10:45 am
Caramel icecream at home??? Wow…!!! Looks so creamy & just too tempting!!
schmetterlingwordsAugust 21, 2011 at 12:06 am
Wow… this icecream looks sooo tempting and delicious… I think, I'm having all the ingredients needed to make this. I also have Dulce de Leche. I suppose I cud use that for the caramel. Ohh, I'm all in the mood to make this. 🙂
KurryleavesAugust 21, 2011 at 8:37 am
thank you for being so sweet!!!
Hi Farwin…happy to know that u r are in dubai..i am in UAQ.
myfudoAugust 21, 2011 at 9:55 am
Great homemade creativity. So creamilicious with luscious white caramel.
Hari Chandana PSeptember 10, 2011 at 3:32 pm
Wowww…such a tempting and delicious recipe.. mouth watering pictures !!