Spicy Kerala style mussels roast.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Serves: 3 to 4 people
- Mussels,shells removed and cleanes-400 to500 gms
- Onion sliced-1 cup
- Green chilies,cut vertically-2 nos
- Ginger,finely chopped-1 tbsp
- Garlic,finely chopped- 1 tbsp tsp
- Curry leaves- 2 to 3 sprigs
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri chili powder- 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder -1.5 tsp
- Black pepper powder-1 tsp
- Fennel powder-1.5 tsp
- Tomato,finely chopped -1/2 cup
- Coconut,slices -1/4 cup( or more)
- Salt-to taste
- Water-as required
- Oil-as required
Heat oil in a pan,add onion,green chilies,ginger,garlic and curry leaves.Saute until it turns golden brown.
Reduce flame to low,add turmeric powder,kashmiri chili powder,coriander powder,black pepper powder and 1 tsp fennel powder.Add 1/8 cup water and cook until oil starts to separate,stirring well in between.
Now add tomato and cook until it turns mushy and oil starts to separate.Add salt to taste and mix well.
Add kallumekkaya /mussels and mix well.Cover and cook until done, stirring well once or twice in between.
Uncover and add coconut slices .Add more salt if required.Mix well and cook for few more minutes.Add remaining fennel powder and curry leaves ,switch off the stove.
Serve with rice.