MUSHROOM THORAN-learn how to prepare easy and delicious Kerala style mushroom stir fry with coconut.
- Mushroom Chopped- 250 gms
- Mustard seeds-1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves- few
- Garlic chopped-1/2 tsp
- Onion chopped-1/4 cup
- Green chili -chopped-1 no( or to tatse)
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Fennel powder-1/4 tsp
- Pepper powder-1/4 tsp
- Grated coconut-2 to 2 1/2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.Let it splutter.
- Add curry leaves,garlic ,onion and green chili.Saute till onion turns translucent.
- Now add turmeric , fennel and pepper powder.Mix well and fry for a few seconds.
- Add chopped mushroom and salt to taste ,mix well.Cover and cook over medium heat for few minutes.
- If there is excess water, uncover and cook until all the water is evaporated.
- Now add grated coconut and mix well until combined.Cook for another minute.
Serve with rice
Click here for more kerala thoran recipes.
divyagcpJanuary 8, 2013 at 1:46 am
Simple and delicious thoran.. Looks very inviting.
Amina CreationsJanuary 8, 2013 at 2:11 am
delicious recipe… beautiful presentation…
ManjuJanuary 8, 2013 at 4:32 am
Just noticed the new look….great layout..and woderfull recipe
UnknownJanuary 8, 2013 at 5:39 am
Nice recipe, will try it
Happy New Year!!
great-secret-of-lifeJanuary 8, 2013 at 6:35 am
very inviting pic..super recipe
virunthu unna vaangaJanuary 8, 2013 at 7:45 am
COCONUT CORIANDER CHUTNEY
VIRUNTHU UNNA VAANGA
Priya SureshJanuary 8, 2013 at 11:27 am
Am loving this thoran with wonderful flavours.
UnknownJanuary 9, 2013 at 2:56 pm