- Cauliflower florets- 1 & 1/2 cups
- Ginger – chopped-1&1/2 tsp
- Garlic- chopped-1&1/2 tsp
- Green chilies-cut into two-2 to 3 nos ( or to taste)
- Onion -cubed- 1 medium sized
- Spring onion-chopped- 1 tbsp
- Red chili flakes-1/4 tsp( optional)
- Capsicum/bell pepper-cubed- 1/2 of a medium sized
- Kashmiri chili powder-1/2 tsp
- Black pepper powder-1/2 tsp
- Soya sauce- 1 &1/2 tsp
- Tomato sauce-1 tbsp
- Sugar-1/4 tsp
- Cornflour -1 tsp
- Water- as required.
- Spring onion greens- chopped- 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil- as required
- All purpose flour-3 tbsp
- Corn flour- 3 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste-1/4 tsp
- Soya sauce- 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder-1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Water -as required
- Combine all the ingredients listed under ‘for batter’ to form a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a pan ,dip each cauliflower floret into the prepared batter and deep fry until it turns golden brown.Drain onto a kitchen towel.Keep aside until required.
- To prepare the sauce,heat oil in a pan and add,ginger,garlic and green chilies.Saute till the raw smell leaves.
- Add onion,spring onion,red chili flakes and capsicum,cook until it is just done.
- Now add kashmiri chili powder and pepper powder.Saute for few seconds or until the raw smell leaves.
- Add soya sauce ,tomato sauce,sugar,salt to taste and 1/4 cup water.Bring this to a boil.Mix cornflour with water to form a paste and add this to the gravy,stirring continuously as you do so.
- Cook for about 2 minutes( stirring continuously) or until the sauce turns thick and glossy .
- Add the fried cauliflower florets,mix well until combined .Add chopped spring onion greens.
Serve with fried rice.
AnonymousApril 2, 2013 at 8:43 pm
Looks so yummy…it is literally making me drool
UnknownApril 3, 2013 at 2:27 am
Ur clicks r awesome…the chilly gobi looks so good
UnknownApril 3, 2013 at 4:09 am
Looks so delicious and tempting…
Aruna ManikandanApril 3, 2013 at 10:16 am
pretty clicks as usual 🙂
Jeyashris KitchenApril 3, 2013 at 12:24 pm
Nice and tempting gobi manchurian. Beautiful clicks
Priya SureshApril 3, 2013 at 3:55 pm
Inviting chilli gobi,love that dish.
UnknownJuly 6, 2013 at 1:46 pm
yumm!!! for how many persons is the recipe?
KurryleavesJuly 12, 2013 at 1:22 pm
Yeah..serves 2 actually…
owenNovember 16, 2013 at 9:25 pm
Yes, the clicks are really attractive for sure. And I tried this dish today.
Well, 'twas easy. So, thanks for that. But some corrections are required on the flow of prep. That's just a suggestion.