Eggless pull apart garlic rolls
Recipe adapted from: Edible garden,You can find the original recipe here
Serve: 2 to 3
- All purpose flour-1.5 cups
- Active dry yeast-1 tsp
- Warm water-1/2 cup( more if required)
- Salt-1/2 tsp ( or to taste)
- Sugar-1 tbsp
- Olive Oil- 1 tbsp+ more as required
For garlic spread
- Salted butter-3 to 4 tbsp
- Garlic-minced- 1.5 to 2tbsp
- Coriander leaves-chopped-2 tbsp
- In a mixing bowl combine together all the ingredients mentioned under’for garlic spread’ until combined,keep aside.
- In a large bowl combine together all purpose flour,yeast,warm water and salt.Knead to form a soft dough.( it will be a bit sticky)
- Add olive oil and knead well to form a soft dough for about 4 to 5 minutes.Apply olive oil to your fingers if required.
- Place the dough in a large greased bowl.Cover this with a kitchen towel and leave to rise in a warm place until doubled ( for about 1 minutes to 1 and 1/2 hour)( I left it to rise for 2 hours)
- Punch down the dough with your fist and divide it into two equal parts.
- Transfer it onto a floured surface and roll out to form a 1/2″ thick rectangle.Spread 2 tbsp of the prepared garlic spread in an even layer.
- Roll it up tightly to form a cylinder.
- Cut this into 4 equal parts ( or approximately 2″ rounds).Repeat the same procedure for the remaining dough.
- Brush a baking pan with butter.Place the rolls with the cut side up on the prepared pan.
- Cover loosely and leave to rise in a warm place until almost doubled in volume ( for about 30 to 45 minutes).( Brush the rolls with milk,if desired .)
- Spread the remaining garlic spread on the rolls.
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C.Bake until the tops are lightly browned ,for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- The quantity of water depends upon the type of flour you use.Basically the dough should be a bit sticky.
- For soft and fluffy rolls,allow the dough to rise well i,e it should get doubled.
- Allow it to cool a bit before serving.
CaramellaMay 23, 2013 at 8:14 pm
They look super delicious!
I am now following you also on Bloglovin'
Priya SureshMay 23, 2013 at 8:24 pm
Super like,love these garlic rolls to the core.
great-secret-of-lifeMay 24, 2013 at 2:52 am
look at the texture.. too good. nicely baked
UnknownMay 24, 2013 at 2:55 pm
Looks Delicious…nice clicks…
Latest post : Whole Moong Dal Curry
AnonymousMay 25, 2013 at 2:08 am
Any bread is dear to my heart and a bread with garlic butter is heavenly! Looks super yum! I saw this post just now – I dont want to miss any of your post hence going to subscribe via email
Shema | LifeScoops
UnknownNovember 3, 2014 at 10:09 am
Hi….today I tried this recipe and it turned out very nice. Thanks for sharing it….Ashwini :).
UnknownJanuary 13, 2016 at 4:50 am
Hi tried this recipe today and it was so perfect..