- Dry chickpeas–
- Coriander leaves-chopped-
- Green chilies-chopped-
1/4 to 1/2 tsp( or to taste)
- Cumin powder–
- Coriander powder–
- Red chili powder–
- Baking powder–
- All purpose flour–
1/2 to 1 tbsp( see notes)
For Tahini sauce
- Tahini-(or use 4 tbsp toasted sesame seeds)-
- Yogurt-( for vegan option,use cashew yogurt)-
- Lemon juice–
For Falalfel wraps
- Pita bread–
4 to 5 nos
- Salad greens-chopped-
- Pickled chilies–
To prepare falafel
- Soak dry chickpeas in plenty of water for about 8 to 12 hours.
- Drain and add it to a blender with the rest of the ingredients listed under ‘for falafel'( except oil).Grind to form a coarse paste.( It should not be smooth)
- Shape this into small patties.Refrigerate the patties for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in pan and deep fry the falafels until it turns golden brown,turning once in between.( you can also shallow fry the falafels,if desired.)
Serve with tahini sauce or make falafel wraps with it.
To prepare falafel wraps
- Combine all the ingredients listed under ‘for tahini sauce’ in a blender and blend to form a smooth paste.
- Spread 2 to 3 tbsp of hummus on the pita bread.Top with cucumber ,tomato and pickled chilies.Then add two to three broken falafels.Drizzle tahini sauce,wrap tightly. Serve immediately.
- You can make about 12 to 14 mini falafels from this quantity.
- If you are finding it difficult to shape the patties,add few tsp of water and pulse again.
- I used rice flour instead of all purpose flour and it tasted fine.
great-secret-of-lifeAugust 18, 2013 at 3:15 pm
what a visual treat.. so yummy
Rumana RawatAugust 18, 2013 at 9:12 pm
Such a yummy looking pictures…
Sushma MallyaAugust 19, 2013 at 6:33 pm
Pics really made me hungry!!!!looks too good…
Laura Curtin @ Incredibly EdibleOctober 6, 2013 at 6:11 am
I am salivating just looking at these beautiful wraps! Yum!
Famidha AshrafJuly 10, 2015 at 4:28 pm
I made this today for ifthar and it came out really good.. Thank you.
DivyaOctober 15, 2016 at 10:05 pm
Hi! Can the wraps be made in advance? or do I need to assemble everything just before serving?
KurryleavesNovember 18, 2016 at 9:36 am
Yes you can .Make sure you assemble everything just before serving or else it may turn soggy.