The Best Chocolate Cake-An easy one bowl chocolate cake that is wonderfully moist and rich in chocolate flavor.The only chocolate cake recipe you’ll ever want!
Quick and easy chocolate cake.
Recipe Source: My baking addiction,You can find the original recipe here.
Prep Time: 10 minutes .
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- All purpose flour- 1 and 3/4 cups
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Baking soda – 2 tsp
- Baking powder- 1 tsp
- Cocoa powder – 3/4 cup
- Salt- 1/2 tsp
- Vegetable oil – 1/2 cup
- Egg – 2
- Vanilla Extract – 2 tsp
- Buttermilk – 1 cup
- Freshly brewed hot Coffee – 1 cup
- Preheat oven to 180 Deg C.Line one 11 inch cake pan with parchment paper.In a mixing bowl,combine together all purpose flour,sugar,baking soda,baking powder,cocoa powder and salt.Mix well until well combined.
- Add vegetable oil,eggs,vanilla extract and buttermilk.Gently mix using a wooden spoon or a whisk until combined.Do not over mix.
- Pour in the hot coffee and mix gently until combined.( Do not over mix)The batter will be very thin.
- Immediately transfer the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for about 30 to 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.Allow it to cool for 15 to 20 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Frost the cake with chocolate ganache or chocolate butter cream.(I used chocolate ganache see notes).Divide the cake horizontally into two using a serrated knife.Place the first layer onto a cake plate and spread an even layer of the ganache leaving about 1/4″ around the edges.Place the other cake layer on top.
- Place a big dollop of ganache on the centre of the cake and spread it to the edges using an offset spatula.Frost the sides.
- Smooth the sides using a bench scraper.Sprinkle grated chocolate on top if desired.
- To prepare chocolate ganache heat 1 cup of cream over medium flame.When it comes to a boil switch off the stove and add 1 cup chopped semisweet chocolate and stir well until smooth and creamy.Allow to cool to room temperature and use as desired.
- Instead of a single pan you could also use two 9″ cake pans.
- Click here for more cake recipes.