MAMBAZHA PULISSERY-Learn how to prepare kerala sadhya special sweet and sour ripe mango curry with coconut and yogurt.
- 4 to 5 nattu manga/chandrakkaran manga/small ripe mango peeled
- 2 to 3 green chilies,cut vertically according to taste
- Curry leaves few
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp Kashmiri chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup Water or as required
- 1.5 cups Yogurt,whipped
To grind together
- 1/2 cup Grated coconut
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- water as required
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 or 2 Dry red chilies
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek seeds
- Curryl eaves few
- 1 or 2 pinch Kashmiri chili powder
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- Whip yogurt and salt to taste in a mixing bowl and set aside.Grind together coconut and cumin seeds to form a thick ,smooth paste ,adding sufficient quantity of water.Keep aside.In a pan combine together mango,green chilies,turmeric powder,kashmiri chili powder ,water and salt to taste.Cover and cook until it turns soft.
- Add the prepared coconut paste and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes on a medium low flame.Bring it to a boil.Switch off the stove and slowly add yogurt ,stirring well as you do so.Add more salt,if required.
- Heat oil in pan and add mustard seeds,let it splutter.Add dry red chilies,fenugreek seeds and saute for few seconds.Add curry leaves and kashmiri chili powder.Immediately dd this to the prepared curry .Cover and set aside for atleast 10 minutes.Uncover ,stir gently and serve with rice.