- Idichakka/Tender Jackfruit-cubed-
- Turmeric powder-
- Red chili powder-
- Mustard seeds-
- Dry red chilies-
- Curry leaves-
- Green chilies-chopped-
1 or 2 nos
- Cumin powder-
- Grated coconut-
1/2 cup( heaped)
- Black pepper powder-
1/4 tsp(or to taste)
- In a pan ,add cubed idichakka,turmeric powder,chili powder,water and salt to taste.Cook until it is done.(Do not over cook).Drain the pieces and crush it using a pestle or a mixer.Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan,add mustard seeds,let it splutter.Add dry red chilies and curry leaves ,saute for few seconds.
- Add green chilies,onion,garlic and ginger.Saute until onion turns golden brown.
- Add cumin powder and mix well.
- Add grated coconut and crushed idichakka ,mix well and cook until it is almost dry.
- Add pepper powder and more salt ,if required.
- Serve with rice.