- Garlic-finely chopped-
- Curry leaves–
- Dry red chilies–
3 to 4 nos( according to taste)
2 pinch( or to taste)
- Heat oil in a pan ,add onion,garlic ,curry leaves and salt.Saute until onion turns golden brown.
- Now add dry red chilies and asafoetida. Saute for few more minutes.
- Add tamarind and more salt if required.Allow this to cool slightly.
- Grind this to form a smooth paste.
- Serve with dosa or idli.
- You can use shallots ,instead of onion ,if desired.
Sayantani Mahapatra MudiOctober 13, 2013 at 6:47 am
we often make another varitaion of this for breakfast. looks wonderful. would love to give it a try.
foodgalleriOctober 13, 2013 at 7:12 pm
wow.. looks so yumm..lovely drooool-worthy pics! 🙂
Priya SureshOctober 13, 2013 at 9:08 pm
Mouthwatering here, my favourite chutney with dosas.
great-secret-of-lifeOctober 13, 2013 at 9:36 pm
I make this most of the time.. one of my fav dish