Chutney Powder .
- Urad dal/ Uzhunnu parippu-3/4 cup
- Channa dal/ Kadala parippu-1/4 cup
- Coriander seeds-1 tbsp
- Black pepper corns-1/2 tsp( optional)
- Curry leaves-2 sprigs
- Dry red chilies-12 to 15 nos( according to taste)
- Garlic chopped-4 to 5 cloves
- Asafoetida-2 generous pinch
- Salt-to taste
- Oil-1/2 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan,add urad dal,channa dal,coriander seeds,black pepper corns and curry leaves.Roast until it turns golden,stirring continuously.
- Now add dry red chilies,garlic and asafoetida.Roast it until dal turns golden brown.
- Allow this to cool slightly,add salt to taste and grind to form a coarse / fine powder ,as desired.
For serving,mix with gingelly oil,ghee or yogurt .Serve with idili or dosa.
Suja ManojOctober 14, 2013 at 11:33 pm
Love the clicks,spicy podi
ROctober 15, 2013 at 12:24 am
looks delicious, very versatile podi….
SonaOctober 15, 2013 at 5:42 am
Beautiful clicks. Flavorful and delicious podi.
UnknownOctober 15, 2013 at 8:13 am
Very flavorful and useful podi.
"My Monthly Event – Spotlight: Festive Treats "