Chutney Powder .
- Urad dal/ Uzhunnu parippu-3/4 cup
- Channa dal/ Kadala parippu-1/4 cup
- Coriander seeds-1 tbsp
- Black pepper corns-1/2 tsp( optional)
- Curry leaves-2 sprigs
- Dry red chilies-12 to 15 nos( according to taste)
- Garlic chopped-4 to 5 cloves
- Asafoetida-2 generous pinch
- Salt-to taste
- Oil-1/2 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan,add urad dal,channa dal,coriander seeds,black pepper corns and curry leaves.Roast until it turns golden,stirring continuously.
- Now add dry red chilies,garlic and asafoetida.Roast it until dal turns golden brown.
- Allow this to cool slightly,add salt to taste and grind to form a coarse / fine powder ,as desired.
For serving,mix with gingelly oil,ghee or yogurt .Serve with idili or dosa.