Homemade Peanut Butter
Quick,healthy and easy- Homemade Peanut Butter
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
Makes: 1.5 cups
- Roasted peanuts- 2 cups( method given below)
- Salt- to taste
- Peanut oil /vegetable oil – 2 tsp( optional)
- Place the peanuts ,salt and oil into the bowl of a food processor /mixie.Process /blend for 1 or 2 minutes.Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Process/blend for 2 to 4 minutes or until it turns smooth .(Process for few more minutes ,if you want it really smooth and creamy.)Place the peanut butter in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for upto 2 months.
- FOR ROASTED PEANUTS-Preheat oven to 180 Deg C .Place peanuts on a baking tray,spread it evenly and bake for about 30 to 35 minutes.Stir it well ,half way through.Let it cool completely.
- Place the roasted peanuts on a wire strainer and rub it using a spoon or your fingers,allowing the skins to fall into a bowl placed below the strainer.
- For chunky peanut butter,add 3 to 4 tbsp of crushed peanuts into the finished peanut butter,and mix well using a spoon.
- For chocolate peanut butter add 1.5 to 2 tbsp cocoa powder and powdered sugar to taste into the finished peanut butter and blend well until combined.
- You can also add 2 tsp of honey ,if desired.