Homemade Tomato Sauce
Easy ,healthy and delicious homemade tomato sauce using fresh tomatoes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
Makes: 1 cup
- Tomato- 500 gms
- Onion,finely chopped- 1/2 of a small
- Garlic ,chopped- 1 clove
- Ginger,chopped-1″ piece
- Celery,chopped- 1 tbsp
- Red bell pepper,chopped-1/4 cup
- Red chilies- 2 to 3 nos( deseeded)
- Black pepper powder- to taste
- Golden Raisins- 1 tbsp
- Bay leaf- 1
- Salt- to taste
- Oil- as required
- Vinegar- 2 tsp
- Sugar-1.5 to 3 tbsp( see notes)
- Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for upto 2 weeks.
- Adjust the quantity of sugar according to your taste.
- I also added 1/2 tsp Kashmiri chili powder along with sugar as we spicy tomato sauce.