Oven Roasted Thai Sticky Chicken
Sweet ,sour and spicy oven roasted Thai sticky chicken .
Prep Time: 20 minutes ( 2+ hrs for marination)
Cooking Time: 40- 50 minutes
Serves: 2 to 3
Recipe source: Yummy Tummy, You can find the original recipe here.
- Chicken,cut into medium size pieces – 500 gms
- Oil – 1tbsp
- Dry red chilies – 6 to 8
- Coriander leaves,chopped- 1/2 cup
- Coriander stalk,chopped – 1/4 to 1/2 cup
- Ginger,finely chopped – 1 tbsp
- Garlic,finely chopped – 1 tbsp
- Soya sauce- 1 tbsp
- Brown sugar – 1 tbsp
- Coconut milk – 1/2 cup
- Lemon Juice – 1 to 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Soak red chilies in warm water for about 10 minutes.( remove the seeds ,if you like it less spicy).In a blender grind together all the ingredients listed under ” For Marination” ( including the soaked ,drained red chilies)to form a smooth paste.
- Rub this onto the chicken pieces and refrigerate for about 2 hours ( preferably overnight).
- Transfer the marinated chicken along with the remaining marinade to a baking dish and drizzle 1 tsp oil on top.Preheat oven to 200 Deg C .Bake for about 20 minutes or until it turns golden brown on top.
- Carefully turn the chicken pieces and bake for about 10 to 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Transfer the chicken pieces to a serving plate.Pour the sauce into a pan and cook over medium flame until thick and sticky.Drizzle the sauce over the chicken or serve as a dip.
- Adjust the quantity of red chilies according to your taste.( I used Kashmiri red chilies)
- Use medium thick coconut milk.
Sayantani Mahapatra MudiJuly 13, 2014 at 6:23 am
another winner chicken dish. such a beautiful presentation.