Quick and easy rice flour and coconut crepes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 2 to 3
- Rice flour – 1 cup
- Grated coconut – 2 tbsp
- Water – 1.5 cups
- Salt – to taste
- In a blender combine together rice flour,grated coconut and 3/4 cup water.Grind to form a smooth batter.
- Transfer the batter into a bowl,add remaining water and salt to taste.Mix well until combined.
- Heat a non stick pan/tawa (with edges) and lightly grease it. Mix the batter well,and pour a ladle full of batter on one side of the tawa.Quickly lift the pan/ tawa and tilt it to help spread the batter across the entire surface of the pan.Add more batter to fill the gaps.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for about 1 minute or until it starts to leave the sides of the pan.
- Carefully lift dosa from the pan and invert it onto a plate.
- Fold the dosa into half and into quarter after that.Repeat with the remaining batter to make more dosas.
- If the pan/ tawa is not hot enough ,dosa might crack.
- Make sure you stir the batter well eachtime ,just before pouring the batter on the pan.
- You can also make neer dosas using raw rice.In that case soak 1 cup rice for 2 to 3 hours.Drain and grind to form a smooth paste along with 2 tbsp grated coconut and water.Add required amount of salt and water to form a thin batter.
- Neer dosa can be served with chutney or a mixture of jaggery and coconut or even chicken/fish/egg curry.