Creamy Egg Masala
Egg curry with a creamy cashew nut gravy.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 2 to 3
- Hard boiled eggs- 2 or 3
- Cashew nuts- 12 to 14
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Onion,finely chopped- 1 large( about 1 cup)
- Green chilies,cut into two – 1 ( or according to taste)
- Ginger and garlic ,finely chopped – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Kashmiri chili powder- 3/4 to 1 tsp (or according to taste,See notes)
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder- 1/2 tsp
- Tomato,chopped- 1 small (about 1/4 cup)
- Water – 1 cup( or as required)
- Coriander leaves,chopped – 1 tbsp
- Salt- To taste
- Oil- as required
- Soak cashew nuts in warm water for about 15 minutes.Grind this to form a smooth paste.Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan,add cumin seeds and let it splutter.Next add onion and green chilies and saute until it turns translucent.Add ginger and garlic and saute until onion turns golden brown.
- Reduce flame to low and add turmeric powder,kashmiri chili powder,coriander powder and garam masala powder.Fry for about 30 seconds,stirring continuously.
- Now add tomato and mix well.Add 1/8 cup water and cook over medium flame until tomato turns mushy.
- Cook until masala starts to leave the sides of the pan.Now add the cashew nut paste and mix well until combined.
- Now add 1 to 1.5 cups water ( or as required) and salt to taste.
- Bring this to a boil , add hard boiled eggs and coriander leaves.Cover the eggs with the gravy and cook for few more minutes.Serve with chapathi or pulav.
- Adjust the quantity of Kashmiri chili powder according to your taste.
- Adjust the quantity of water according to the amount or consistency of gravy required.