Creamy Egg Masala
Egg curry with a creamy cashew nut gravy.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 2 to 3
- Hard boiled eggs- 2 or 3
- Cashew nuts- 12 to 14
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Onion,finely chopped- 1 large( about 1 cup)
- Green chilies,cut into two – 1 ( or according to taste)
- Ginger and garlic ,finely chopped – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Kashmiri chili powder- 3/4 to 1 tsp (or according to taste,See notes)
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder- 1/2 tsp
- Tomato,chopped- 1 small (about 1/4 cup)
- Water – 1 cup( or as required)
- Coriander leaves,chopped – 1 tbsp
- Salt- To taste
- Oil- as required
Soak cashew nuts in warm water for about 15 minutes.Grind this to form a smooth paste.Keep aside.
Heat oil in a pan,add cumin seeds and let it splutter.Next add onion and green chilies and saute until it turns translucent.Add ginger and garlic and saute until onion turns golden brown.
Reduce flame to low and add turmeric powder,kashmiri chili powder,coriander powder and garam masala powder.Fry for about 30 seconds,stirring continuously.
Now add tomato and mix well.Add 1/8 cup water and cook over medium flame until tomato turns mushy.
Cook until masala starts to leave the sides of the pan.Now add the cashew nut paste and mix well until combined.
Now add 1 to 1.5 cups water ( or as required) and salt to taste.
Bring this to a boil , add hard boiled eggs and coriander leaves.Cover the eggs with the gravy and cook for few more minutes.Serve with chapathi or pulav.
- Adjust the quantity of Kashmiri chili powder according to your taste.
- Adjust the quantity of water according to the amount or consistency of gravy required.