- Paneer -cubed-1 cup
- Onion -chopped -1 no
- Garlic -chopped-1/2 tsp
- Ginger -chopped-1 tsp
- Green chilies -chopped-1 or 2 nos (according to taste)
- Tomato-finely chopped-2 nos
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder-2 tsp
- Kashmiri chili powder- 1 tsp
- Cumin powder-1/4 tsp
- Garam masala -3/4 tsp
- Capsicum ,diced-1/2 of a medium sized
- Water-1/2 cup
- Kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves)-1 generous pinch
- Salt to taste
- Soak paneer cubes in hot water until required.
- Heat oil in a pan and add onion,garlic,ginger and green chilies.Saute until onion turns translucent.
- Add chopped tomato and cook until tomato turns mushy.
- Now add turmeric,coriander,kashmiri chili,cumin ,garam masala powder and salt to taste, cook until oil separates. (or until the masala leaves the sides of the pan, in case you are using less oil)
- Add diced capsicum and cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Pour water and mix well.Bring it to just under a boil and add the drained paneer cubes and mix gently.
- Cover and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on medium low flame or until gravy thickens.
- Add crushed kasuri methi,stir gently and switch off the stove.Cover and keep aside for few minutes,before serving.
Note: You can also shallow fry the paneer cubes if required.
divyagcpJanuary 24, 2013 at 7:10 pm
Delicious and inviting Kadai panner.. Love the clicks as usual.. 🙂
Reshmi MaheshJanuary 24, 2013 at 8:02 pm
Tempting flavorful kadai paneer…Adipoli clicks..
RasiJanuary 24, 2013 at 8:22 pm
looks so tempting :).. i do it the same way but urs looks super appetizing
Priya SureshJanuary 24, 2013 at 9:32 pm
Salivating here, such an inviting flavourful kadai paneer.
great-secret-of-lifeJanuary 24, 2013 at 11:05 pm
so yummy and inviting.. I did this yesterday too never got chance to click
hotpotcookingJanuary 25, 2013 at 1:25 am
A rich side for roti.
Nandita PaiJanuary 25, 2013 at 1:51 am
Wow!! This looks divine. I LOVE Paneer and this looks straight off some restaurant menu card! Awesome 🙂
Vimitha DuraiJanuary 25, 2013 at 4:05 am
Awesome combo for pulaos. yum
LifewithspicesJanuary 25, 2013 at 12:00 pm
yummyy n so inviting..
AdminDecember 15, 2017 at 12:09 am