Rich and delicious dessert prepared using rice flakes,coconut milk and jaggery.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 to 1.5 hours
Serves: 4 to 5
- Homemade ada, /cooked ada- 1 to 1.5 Cups( see notes)
- Grated jaggery – 200 to 250 gms( about 1 cup-see notes)
- Ghee – 3 to 4 tsp
- Thin coconut milk – 2 cups
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
- Dry ginger powder /chukku podi – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/8 to 1/4 tsp
- Thick coconut milk – 3/4 to 1 cup
- Coconut slices- 1 to 2 tbsp
- Cashew nuts – 1 to 2 tbsp
- Ghee,to fry coconut bits,nuts and raisins – as required
- Heat ghee in a pan,add coconut slices and fry until it turns golden brown.Similarly fry cashew nuts and raisins and keep aside.
- In a pan / uruli melt grated jaggery along with 1/2 cup water .Cook until it turns slightly thick.Next add homemade ada and mix well.( If you are using store bought ada ,soak 100 gms ada in hot water for 30 minutes and cook until it turns soft .Then wash it using cold water to remove the stickiness,drain and add it to the melted jaggery).
- Add 2 tsp ghee and cook for about 15 minutes,stirring continuously until it turns slightly thick again.Next add thin coconut milk.
- Mix well and cook ,stirring occasionally until it turns thick.
- Now add cardamom,dry ginger and cumin powder.Mix well until combined.Next add thick coconut milk.
- Mix well and switch off the stove.Add fried coconut,cashew nuts and raisins and remaining 2 tsp ghee.
- I used homemade ada for the pradhaman ,you can find the recipe here.
- If you are using store bought ada ,use about 100 gms.For best results, use rice ada.
- Strain the melted jaggery to remove impurities,if any.
- Adjust the quantity of jaggery according to your taste.
- As the pradhaman cools,it will thicken further.Adjust the quantity of thick coconut milk according to the consistency required.
RemyaAugust 17, 2014 at 9:46 am
yesterday I too prepared the same..yours looks really tempting..
great-secret-of-lifeAugust 17, 2014 at 2:42 pm
looks so yum! love your dark brown color.. So creamy and rich
BabithaAugust 17, 2014 at 2:57 pm
you make us carve for the dish with ur awesome clicks
UnknownAugust 28, 2017 at 6:50 pm
looking so tempting yar..gonna make it on this onam