Broccoli masala stuffed Indian flatbread.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 6 to 8 parathas
- Whole wheat flour- 1 Cup( extra for dusting)
- Water – as required
- Salt – to taste
- Oil / Ghee – as required
For Broccoli stuffing:
- Broccoli,grated- 1 and 1/4 to 1.5 cups
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Onion,finely chopped – 1/4 cup
- Green chilies,finely chopped – 1 ( or according to taste)
- Ginger ,finely chopped – 1/4 tsp
- Garlic ,finely chopped – 1/4 tsp
- Kashmiri chili powder- 1/4 tsp( or to taste)
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder- 1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves,chopped – 1 tbsp( optional)
- Salt- To taste
- Oil- as required
- In a bowl,combine together whole wheat flour,salt and sufficient quantity of water and mix well.Knead to form a soft dough.Cover and keep aside for atleast 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan,add cumin seeds and saute for few seconds.Add onion,green chilies ,ginger and garlic.Saute until onion turns golden brown.Now add kashmiri chili powder,turmeric powder and garam masala powder.Saute for few seconds.
- Add grated broccoli and salt to taste.Cook until all the moisture evaporates. Divide the dough into 6 or 8 equal parts.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a circle of 4″ diameter on a lightly floured surface.Place 1 tbsp broccoli filling in the center.
- Bring all the sides to the center and seal tightly.Pinch off the excess dough,if desired.Dust the surface with whole wheat flour ,roll the stuffed dough lightly to form 6 to 7 ” circle.(Lightly dust the parathas with flour,if it sticks to the rolling pin or the working surface.)
- Heat a nonstick /iron tawa ,place the paratha and let it cook until the color changes slightly for about 15 seconds over medium high heat.Flip the paratha and cook for few more seconds.Drizzle 1 tsp oil over the paratha.Flip the paratha again and gently press using a spatula.Cook until golden brown spots appear on both the sides.Repeat with the remaining dough and filling.Serve hot with pickle and yogurt.
- For best results, drizzle ghee over the parathas.