Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix
Quick and easy Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 8 to 10 minutes
Makes: 18 to 20 servings
Recipe source:Serious Eats ,You can find the original recipe here
- Chocolate ,grated- 1 and 1/3 cup
- Unsweetened Cocoa powder – 1 Cup
- Cane sugar – 1 Cup
- Corn Starch / Corn Flour – 2 tbsp
- Salt – 1 fat pinch
- Vanilla bean,scraped – 1(optional)
- To prepare Hot Chocolate Mix:Combine all ingredients in a food processor/blender.Blend until it is completely powdered.Transfer to airtight container ( add the vanilla bean pod to the container ,if desired)and store in a cool,dark place for upto 3 months.
- To make hot chocolate: Add 1 to 3 tbsp of the hot chocolate mix into 1 cup of boiling milk and mix until combined.For a thicker hot chocolate, heat the mixture for about 30 seconds ,until smooth and slightly thick.
- Increase or decrease the quantity of hot chocolate mix per cup of milk depending on how ‘chocolatey’ you want it .
- To scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean,cut the vanilla bean in half along its length using a sharp knife.Scrape out the seeds with the back of the knife and add along with the rest of the ingredients.Place the empty pod in the chocolate mix container,if desired.