Gluten Free | Rice flour Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Easy Double chocolate ,rice flour cookies.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Makes: 24 cookies
Recipe source:eatgood4life.com,you can find the original recipe here.
- Dark Chocolate chunks /chips- 1 and 1/4 cup
- Egg – 2
- Brown Sugar- 1/2 to 3/4 cups( i used 1/2 cup)
- Olive oil – 1/2 cup
- Vanila extract- 1 tsp
- Brown rice flour – 1.5 cups
- Cocoa powder- 1/2 cups
- Baking Soda- 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Preheat oven to 180 Dec.Line a baking tray with parchment paper.Keep aside.Melt half of the chocolate chunks /chips ( 1/2 cup + 1/8 cup)in a double boiler.keep aside until required.( You can also melt them in a microwave if desired.)
- In a mixing bowl combine together eggs,sugar and olive oil.Gradually add the melted chocolate and vanilla,mixing well as you do so.
- Now add the rice flour,cocoa powder,baking soda and salt.Mix well until combined.Fold in the remaining chocolate chunks.
- Drop a tablespoonful of the dough on to the prepared baking tray , two inches apart.Bake for about 12 minutes.Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container.
- I used 3/4 cup brown rice flour and 3/4 cup white rice flour.
- Adjust the amount of sugar according to your taste.
UnknownDecember 19, 2015 at 2:59 am
I made these today, they are so good!! I used 1/4 cup less chocolate chips (not melted) and subbed chopped walnuts, still plenty chocolatey. I used white rice flour, as that's what I had on hand. These aren't gritty like rice flour cookies usually are.
ShelliMarch 20, 2017 at 3:02 pm
Hi, is 180 degrees the correct temp to bake these? I am making these today. I will try…
ShelliMarch 20, 2017 at 4:16 pm
Okay, I just made these and baked on 350 for 12 minutes. I followed the recipe exactly and they were perfect. I will be using this recipe again as I can only have rice flour. I can't have potato or tapioca flour so it limits me to store bought gluten free bakery items. Thanks for the recipe!
YvonneAugust 12, 2017 at 7:39 am
My kids loved these. Asked me to make again. I added bit of milk cuz my mixture turned out really dry