Radish masala stuffed Gluten free ,Jowar ( Sorghum)Indian flat bread.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 4 parathas
- Jowar /Sorghum flour- 3/4 Cup(+ extra for dusting)
- Water – 1 Cup
- Salt – to taste
- Oil / Ghee – as required
For Radish stuffing:
- Radish,grated- 1 cup,packed( 2 medium)
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Onion,finely chopped – 1/8 cup
- Green chilies,finely chopped – 1 ( or according to taste)
- Ginger and Garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri chili powder- 1/4 tsp( or to taste)
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/8 tsp
- Garam masala powder- 1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves,chopped – 1 tbsp( optional)
- Salt- to taste
- Oil- as required
- Sprinkle salt over grated radish .Keep aside for 10 minutes and squeeze out as much as water as you can from the grated radish.
- Heat oil in a pan,add cumin seeds and saute for few seconds.Add onion,green chilies and ginger -garlic paste.Saute until onion turns golden brown.
- Now add grated radish and salt to taste.Add kashmiri chili powder,turmeric powder,coriander powder ,cumin powder and garam masala powder.Saute for few seconds.
- Cook until all the moisture evaporates . Add coriander leaves ( if using) and switch off the stove.Allow this filling to cool completely.
- To prepare the dough,bring 1 cup water to a boil along with 1/2 tsp oil and salt to taste.Reduce flame to low and add the jowar flour to the boiling water.Mix well for about a minute or until it turns really thick.
- Switch off the stove,cover and keep aside for about 2 minutes.Transfer the dough to another bowl and leave for 5 to 7 minutes or until cool enough to handle.Knead well to form a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal parts.Roll a portion of the dough into a circle on a floured surface,keep aside.(Dust the working surface and rolling pin with jowar flour to avoid sticking)
- Take another portion of the dough and roll it into a circle.Evenly spread 1 to 2 tbsp of the prepared filling over this( leaving 1/4″ space around the edges.).
- Gently place the other paratha on top.Press the edges using your finger tips.
- Roll paratha gently to seal completely.Heat a nonstick /iron tawa ,place the paratha and let it cook for few seconds.
- Coat the paratha with a thin layer of water.Wait until the water evaporates and flip the paratha and let it cook.Flip the paratha again and gently press using a spatula.Cook until golden brown spots appear on both the sides.Repeat with the remaining dough and filling.Serve hot with pickle and yogurt.
- Make sure you knead the dough while it is still hot.