Easy Pressure cooker Paal Payasam
Quick ,easy and delicious paal payasam with just 3 ingredients.
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Serves: 6 to 7
Recipe source:Malayala manorama
- Unakkalari ( raw rice with bran)- 1/4 cup,heaped
- Milk- 1.5 ltr
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Wash the rice and drain well.Heat milk in a pressure cooker for about 2 minutes.Now add sugar and rice, mix well and close the cooker.Bring to full cooking pressure over medium-high heat.Now reduce the flame to low.Cook for about 25 minutes.Switch off the stove and allow the cooker to cool gradually before opening ( for about 30 minutes).
- Click here for more payasam recipes.
- I added 1 tsp ghee along with rice.Adding ghee is completely optional.
- Do not fill the pressure cooker to more than half of its volume.