Easy Squid Fry
Quick and easy Kerala style squid fry
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 3 to 4
- Squid,cleaned and cut into cubes or rings-500 gms
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Kashmiri Red chili powder- 1 to 1.5 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder- 1 tsp
- Garam Masala powder- 1/4 tsp
- Fennel powder- 1/2 tsp
- Black Pepper powder- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Salt- to taste
- coconut oil – as required
- Combine all the ingredients except coconut oil and keep aside for about 15 minutes.Transfer the marinated squid into a pan/ manchatti ,cover and cook until done and the gravy coats the pieces.Stir once or twice in between to avoid burning.
- Once squid is tender and the gravy turns thick add coconut oil and fry until it turns brown in colour.Serve with rice.
- Adjust the amount of black pepper powder and kashmiri chili powder according to your taste.