Quick and easy paneer samosa
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 14 to 16
- Cumin seeds- 1/4 tsp
- Ginger garlic ,grated or finely chopped – 1.5 tsp
- Green chilies,finely chopped- 1
- Onion,finely chopped – 3/4 cup( 1 large)
- Capsicum,finely chopped- 3/4 cup (1 medium)
- Kashmiri chili powder- 3/4 to 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Tomato,seeds removed and finely chopped- 2 tbsp
- Paneer ,grated – 1 cup
- Kasuri methi- 1 generous pinch
- Garam masala- 1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves,finely chopped- 2 tbsp
- Salt-to taste
- All purpose flour-2 tbsp
- Water-as required
- Samosa sheets- 14 to 16 ( click here for homemade samosa sheets)
- Vegetable oil- as required
- Heat oil in a pan,add cumin seeds and saute for few seconds until the color changes slightly.Add ginger,garlic and green chilies.Saute for few seconds.
- Add onion and saute until it turns golden .Add capsicum and cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Reduce the flame to low and add kashmiri chili powder, and turmeric powder.Saute until raw smell leaves.Now add tomato and saute on a medium flame until it turns mushy and is completely cooked.
- Now add paneer ,crushed kasuri methi , garam masala and salt to taste.Saute for about 2 to 3 minutes.Add coriander leaves and switch off the flame.Set aside and let it cool completely.
- In a small bowl combine together all purpose flour and water to form a thick paste.This flour paste is used to seal the edges.Here i have used semicircle samosa sheets.
- Fold a samosa sheet to form a cone shape ,apply the flour paste on the outer edge and gently press to seal the edge as shown in the picture.
- Place 3 to 4 tsp of the filling into the prepared cone.
- Apply the flour paste on the open edge.Fold the edge and press gently ,to seal.
- Repeat the same with the remaining samosa sheets and filling.Heat oil in a pan(oil should not be too hot) and deep fry the samosas till it turns golden brown on both sides,turning once or twice in between.
- Drain onto a kitchen towel and serve with tomato ketchup.
- Click here for homemade samosa sheets/wrappers.
- Adjust the amount of green chilies according to your taste.
- 1 cup = 250 ml