Quick and easy paneer samosa
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 14 to 16
- Cumin seeds- 1/4 tsp
- Ginger garlic ,grated or finely chopped – 1.5 tsp
- Green chilies,finely chopped- 1
- Onion,finely chopped – 3/4 cup( 1 large)
- Capsicum,finely chopped- 3/4 cup (1 medium)
- Kashmiri chili powder- 3/4 to 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Tomato,seeds removed and finely chopped- 2 tbsp
- Paneer ,grated – 1 cup
- Kasuri methi- 1 generous pinch
- Garam masala- 1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves,finely chopped- 2 tbsp
- Salt-to taste
- All purpose flour-2 tbsp
- Water-as required
- Samosa sheets- 14 to 16 ( click here for homemade samosa sheets)
- Vegetable oil- as required
Heat oil in a pan,add cumin seeds and saute for few seconds until the color changes slightly.Add ginger,garlic and green chilies.Saute for few seconds.
Add onion and saute until it turns golden .Add capsicum and cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
Reduce the flame to low and add kashmiri chili powder, and turmeric powder.Saute until raw smell leaves.Now add tomato and saute on a medium flame until it turns mushy and is completely cooked.
Now add paneer ,crushed kasuri methi , garam masala and salt to taste.Saute for about 2 to 3 minutes.Add coriander leaves and switch off the flame.Set aside and let it cool completely.
In a small bowl combine together all purpose flour and water to form a thick paste.This flour paste is used to seal the edges.Here i have used semicircle samosa sheets.
Fold a samosa sheet to form a cone shape ,apply the flour paste on the outer edge and gently press to seal the edge as shown in the picture.
Place 3 to 4 tsp of the filling into the prepared cone.
Apply the flour paste on the open edge.Fold the edge and press gently ,to seal.
Repeat the same with the remaining samosa sheets and filling.Heat oil in a pan(oil should not be too hot) and deep fry the samosas till it turns golden brown on both sides,turning once or twice in between.
Drain onto a kitchen towel and serve with tomato ketchup.