Meat Bread Roll
Fried bread rolls with spicy meat filling.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 6 to 8 ml
- Beef/Mutton,cooked and shredded – 3/4 cup
- Ginger,finely chopped – 1 tsp
- Garlic,finely chopped – 1 tsp
- Green chili,finely chopped – 1
- Onion,finely chopped – 1 large (3/4 to 1 cup)
- Curry leaves,finely chopped – 1tbsp
- Kashmiri chili powder – 1/2 to 3/4 tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1/2 to 3/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Bread slices,crusts removed – 8 to 10
- Egg,lightly beaten – 2
- Bread crumbs- 1 cup
- Oil- as required
- Salt -to taste
Heat oil in a pan,add ginger,garlic,green chilies ,onion and curry leaves.Saute until onion turns soft and golden brown.
Reduce the flame to low,add kashmiri chili powder,black pepper powder,turmeric powder,coriander powder and garam masala.Saute until the raw smell leaves.Next add the cooked and shredded meat and mix well.
Add salt and cook for few minutes.Add more black pepper powder,if desired.To prepare the rolls,gently flatten the bread slice with a rolling pin.
Gently wet the bread slice with water using a pastry brush or fingers. Place 2 to 3 tsp of the prepared filling towards one edge and roll up tightly.
Press the sides firmly with wet fingers to seal the edges.Repeat with the remaining bread slices and filling.Dip each bread roll in the egg.
Roll it in the bread crumbs .Repeat with the remaining rolls.
Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the meat rolls in batches,over medium high heat until it turns golden brown on both the sides.Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
- Adjust the spice level according to your taste.