Rava Kesari -Learn how to prepare Rava Kesari-A popular South Indian dessert prepared with Semolina/Rava.
- 2 tbsp Cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp Rasins
- 1 cup Semolina
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 and 1/4 cups Boiling hot water
- 1 pinch Turmeric powder /natural Kesari colour (See notes)
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1 pinch Salt
- 3 to 4 tbsp Ghee
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a pan.Fry the cashew nuts until it turns golden.Add the raisins and semolina.Roast over medium low flame until it turns aromatic.Make sure you stir the semolina continuously to avoid burning.
- Once the rava is roasted well add the hot water and stir continuously to avoid lumps.
- Cover and cook over medium low flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now add the sugar and kesari colour/turmeric powder ,stir well.
- Cook stirring well until the mixture turns thick.Finally add the cardamom powder ,salt and the remaining ghee.
- Stir well and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.Transfer the kesari into a tray and level the top using a spoon/ladle.Allow to cool slightly and cut into squares.
- Alternatively ,transfer the kesari into a small bowl brushed with ghee and invert the bowl onto a serving plate.