Learn how to prepare Spicy Masala Makhana-A quick ,easy and healthy tea time snack packed with vital nutrients.
Spicy Masala Makhana
- 3 cups Foxnuts/Makhana
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 3/4 to 1 tsp Kashmiri chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 3/4 tsp Chat masala /garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Dry roast the foxnuts/makhana for about 6 to 8minutes stirring continuously over medium low flame ,until crisp and crunchy .Transfer into another bowl and allow to cool completely.
- In a small bowl,mix together,kashmiri chili powder,turmeric powder,chat masala/garam masala and salt.Set aside until required.Heat ghee in the same pan over medium low flame and add the spice mix.(Stir continuously to avoid burning.)
- Add the roasted makhana and stir well until completely coated with the spice mix.Roast well for about 2 minutes.Cool completely and transfer into an airtight container.These can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for about a week.
- 1 cup=250 ml
- Adjust the spice level according to your taste.
- Click here for more kids special recipes.