Inji Thayir |Kerala sadhya recipe. Spiced yogurt flavoured with ginger and green chilies usually served with rice for onam /vishu sadhya.
- 1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
- 2 Dry red chilies,cut into two
- 1 or 2 Green chilies,chopped (according to taste)
- 1/4 cup Ginger,finely chopped
- 2 sprigs Curry leaves
- 1 small pinch Cumin powder
- 1 and 1/4 cup Yougurt
- Coconut oil as required
- Salt as required
- Heat oil in a pan.Add the mustard seeds and let it splutter.Add the red chilies,green chilies and dry red chiiles.Saute for few seconds and add the chopped ginger.
- Saute until ginger turns golden brown and slightly crisp.Stir well to avoid burning.In a bowl whisk the yogurt well to remove lumps ,if any.Set aside until required.Once the ginger turns crisp add the cumin powder and switch off the flame.
- Immediately add the fried ingredients and salt to taste into the yogurt and mix gently until combined.Serve with rice.