Moringa Coconut Chutney|Drumstick leaves Chutney-This super healthy and delicious chutney makes a perfect accompaniment for idli /dosa.
Moringa coconut chutney
- 4 Shallots,sliced
- 1 tsp Ginger,finey chopped
- 2 large cloves Garlic,finely chopped
- 2 or 3 Green chilies,chopped (according to taste)
- 1/2 cup Moringa leaves (stems removed)
- 1 cup Grated coconut
- 1 generous pinch Tamarind (or according to your taste)
- 1 Pinch Sugar
- Vegetable oil/coconut oil as required
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
- 2 Dry red chilies cut into two
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 2 tsp Coconut oil/ ghee
- Heat oil in a pan,add the shallots,ginger,garlic and green chilies.Saute for about a minute or until the raw smell leaves.Add the Moringa leaves and stir well.Saute for about 2 minutes oruntil cooked through ,over medium flame.
- Add the grated coconut,tamarind,sugar ,salt and mix well.Cook for about 30 seconds or until heated through.Switch off the flame and allow to cool completely.
- Transfer the moringa- coconut mix into a blender ,add some water and grind to a smooth paste.Add more water according to the consistency required.
- For tempering,heat oil in a pan.Add mustard seeds and let it splutter.Add the dried red chilies and curry leaves.Saute for few seconds and add this to the chutney.Serve with idli / dosa.
- 1 Cup=250 ml
- Adjust the quantity of green chilies according to your taste.
- Make sure you use tender / young Moringa eaves.
- Click here for more chutney recipes.