Chocolate caramel squares-Learn how to prepare delicious Chocolate caramel squares
Chocolate Caramel Squares
For the Base
- 100 gms Butter,softened (1/4 cup +3 tbsp)
- 4 tbsp Light brown sugar
- 125 gms All purpose flour (approx 1 cup)
- 4 tbsp Rolled oats (or use quick cooking )
For caramel filling
- 25 gms Butter (1/8 cup)
- 2 tbsp Light brown sugar
- 200 gms Condensed milk (approx 3/4 cup)
- 100 gms Plain chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C.Line a square baking tray with parchment paper.Set aside until required.TO PREPARE THE BASEIn a large mixing bowl,beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the all purpose flour and oats.Mix gently using your finger tips until well combined.
- Transfer this mixture into the prepared baking tin and press to form an even layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes or until golden brown and firm.Allow to cool completely.TO PREPARE THE CARAMEL FILLINGIn a sauce pan ,add all the ingredients listed under 'For caramel filling'.Cook stirring constantly until the mixture starts to boil over low flame.Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes stirring continuously until the mixture has thickened.
- Pour this caramel filling over the prepared base and level the top using a spoon or a palette knife.Aloow to cool completely.
- TO PREPARE THE CHOCOLATE LAYERMelt the plain chocolate using a double boiler.
- Spread the melted chocolate over the caramel layer.Allow to set completely, cut into squares and serve.