Spicy Kerala chicken fry
- 500 gms Chicken,cut into small pieces
- 3 to 4 sprigs Curry leaves
- Coconut oil,as required
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri chili ,crushed (or use 1/2 tbsp red chili flakes)
- 2.5 tbsp Red Chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp Ginger and garlic,crushed
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg powder
- 1 small Star anise
- 2 Cloves
- 1/4 inch piece Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Fennel seeds
- 1 small piece Mace
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- Salt ,to taste
- In a mixing bowl,add chicken and all the ingredients listed under 'For Marination'.Mix well using your fingers.Keep refrigerated for about 2 to 3 hours or atleast 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan,add the marinated chicken,cover and cook until tender.Make sure you stir well in between to avoid burning.Add curry leaves and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes,stirring well in between until browned on all the sides.Serve along with porotta/roti or riceYou can also cook the chicken in an airfryer to reduce the quantity of oil.
- 1 cup=250 ml
- Adjust the quantity of chilli flakes according to your taste.
- Recipe source-The secret ingredient.
- Click here for more chicken recipes.