Quick and easy vegetable stir fry.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Onion,sliced- 1/2 cup
- Green chili,sliced – 1
- Ginger,garlic paste- 1 tsp
- Kashmiri chili powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Water – 2 tbsp + 1/4 cup( or as required)
- Tomato,pureed – 1/4 cup( 1 small)
- Vegetables cut into long strips(capsicum,green beans,carrots,cauliflower,baby corn etc)- 2 to 2.5 cups
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Kasuri methi – 2 generous pinches
- Sliced tomato,seeds removed – 1 small
- Coriander leaves,chopped – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 to 3 tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan add cumin seeds and saute for few seconds.Add onion and saute for about a minute.
- Add green chili and ginger-garlic paste.Saute until onion turns golden brown.Reduce flame to low and add Kashmiri chili powder,coriander powder , turmeric powder and 2 tbsp water.Mix well until combined.
- Cook until raw smell leaves.Next add the tomato puree.
- Cook until oil starts to separate. Next add the sliced vegetables and mix well.
- Pour about 1/4 cup water ( or more as required) and salt to taste.
- Cover and cook until the vegetables are just tender and gravy coats the vegetables.Next add garam masala and kasuri methi.
- Add sliced tomato and cook for about a minute.Finally add chopped coriander leaves and switch off the stove.Serve warm with chapathi or rice.
- Adjust the quantity of green chilies and chili powder according to your taste.