Kerala style grilled prawns flavoured with coconut milk and curry leaves-VENADU PAL KONCHU-A must try recipe for seafood lovers from Chef Pillai.
Kerala style grilled prawns
- 500 gms Prawns cleaned
- 3/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Black pepper powder
- 3 tsp Red chili flakes or according to taste
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves few
- 6 Garlic cloves Skin on,slightly crushed
- 1 tbsp Ginger Julienned
- 3 Green chilies cut vertically
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil or as required
For coconut milk mix
- 1/4 cup Thick coconut milk
- 2 tsp Coconut oil
- Curry leaves few,chopped
- In a bowl combine together the ingredients listed under 'For coconut milk mix'.Set aside until required.In another bowl add the prawns along with turmeric powder,black pepper powder,red chili flakes ,2 tsp coconut oil and salt.Set aside for 15 to 20 minutes.( i added the garlic along with the spices.)
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and the curry leaves and the prawns along with garlic,ginger and green chilies.Cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir gently and cook for another minute or two.
- Sprinkle the prepared coconut milk mixture evenly on top.Mix gently and cook until the masala coats the prawns well.Serve warm with rice.