Pineapple Madhura Pachadi
- 1 and 1/2 cups Pineapple ,finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/8 tsp Kashmiri chili powder
- Water as required
- 10 to 15 Grapes,black
- 5 to 6 tbsp Yogurt,beaten
- 1/8 tsp Mustard seeds,crushed
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Sugar or to taste
For coconut paste
- 1/2 cup Grated coconut
- 1/4 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 or 2 Green chili (according to taste)
- Coconut oil as required
- 1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
- 2 Dry red chilies,cut into pieces
- Few Curry leaves
- In a pan combine together pineapple,turmeric powder,kashmiri chili powder ,salt and water.Cover and cook over medim flame until pineapple turns soft.Meanwhile,add all the ingredients listed under "For coconut paste' in a blender.Grind this to form a smooth paste ,adding sufficient quantity of water.
- Once the pineapple turns soft,add the coconut paste .Cook for few minutes until the gravy turns thick.
- Add the grapes and switch off the flame.Immediately add the yogurt,crushed mustard seeds ,sugar and more salt,if required.Stir continuously until combined to avoid curdling.
- For Tempering,heat oil in pan and add mustard seeds,let it splutter.Add dry red chilies and curry leaves,saute for few seconds.
- Immediately add this to the prepared curry .Cover and set aside for atleast 10 minutes.Uncover ,stir gently and serve with rice.