Radhika of Tickling Palates is hosting a fun event named BLOG HOP WEDNESDAYS.This week I am paired with Pari of Foodelicious.I chose to make this delicious herbed buns from her blog. You can find the original recipe here.
- All purpose flour- 1 cup
- Whole wheat flour-3/4 cup (extra for dusting)
- Coriander leaves chopped- 2tbsp ( i used 1 tbsp dried parsley)
- Dried red chili flakes- 1 to 1 1/2 tsp
- Salt-1/2 tsp
- Lukewarm milk-1/2 cup
- Sugar-1 tsp
- Active dry yeast-1/2 tbsp
- Melted butter- 2 tbsp
- Egg- 1 no (plus extra for brushing)
- Combine lukewarm milk ,sugar and yeast,mix gently and keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes or until it rises.
- In a large mixing bowl ,combine all purpose flour,whole wheat flour ,salt,coriander leaves ,dried chili flakes and salt.
- Make a well in the center and add the egg,melted butter and yeast mixture.
- Combine the ingredients well and transfer the dough on to a clean working surface and knead the dough for about 10 to 12 minutes or until the dough is soft.(Lightly dust the working surface with flour if the dough is sticking to the surface.)
- Place the dough in a clean bowl and lightly coat the surface of the dough with oil or melted butter.Cover with a clean kitchen towel and leave to rise until doubled in volume.
- Divide the dough into 7 or 8 equal parts , roll to form a ball and place on a greased baking tray leaving at- least 2inch in between each balls.Keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes or until doubled in volume.
- Preheat the oven to 180 deg C.
- Lightly brush the buns with egg white and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until it turns golden in color.
Use it to make your favorite sandwich or just serve it with peanut butter or any other spread of your choice.ENJOY!!!!!!