- Hard boiled eggs- 2 to 3 nos
- Onion(sliced finely)-2 large or 3 medium nos
- Ginger (chopped)-1 tsp
- Garlic (chopped)- 1tsp
- Curry leaves-1 sprig
- Water-1/4 cup appr ( or as required)
- Vinegar- 1/4 tsp(optional)
- Salt – to taste
- Kashmiri chili powder- 1 to 1 1/2 tsp( or according to taste)-see note
- Coriander powder-1 1/2tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala-1/2 tsp
- Combine the ingredients for masala with sufficient quantity of water to form a smooth paste.Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan,add onion,ginger,garlic and curry leaves.saute it till onion turns golden brown ,over a medium flame for about 15 to 20 minutes ,stirring in between.(make sure onion is well caramelized, you can add salt while frying the onion to speed up the process.)
- Reduce the flame to low and add the masala paste,saute for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Now add water (and vinegar ,if using)and mix well.Adjust salt level at this point.
- Now add the sliced eggs,cover the eggs with the gravy,cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves ,if desired.
- Serve with idiappam or appam.
Note: Few of the readers have said that the curry is a bit spicy,if you prefer less spicy egg roast ,then use 3/4 to 1 tsp Kashmiri chili powder only.
Other Egg Recipes
Nadan Mutta curry (Kerala Style Egg Curry)
Egg Curry with potato
Egg Roast with Tomato
Egg Curry with Tomato
LavanyaMay 19, 2012 at 10:05 pm
Nice recipe and the clicks are awesome
Inviting You For A Guest Post In My Blog
Reshmi MaheshMay 20, 2012 at 2:52 am
Yummy egg roast…Lovely clicks..
MélangeMay 20, 2012 at 6:01 am
That's awesome click..All of them speak !!
Spicy-AromaMay 20, 2012 at 7:15 am
looks very tempting dear..awesome clicks!
Indian KhanaMay 20, 2012 at 3:11 pm
Seriously love that platter ….looks awesome
Suja ManojMay 20, 2012 at 8:52 pm
PrathibhaSreejithMay 20, 2012 at 10:49 pm
Yummy platter, love the combo. Lovely clicks!!!!
CaroleMay 20, 2012 at 11:44 pm
Great recipe. Would you be happy to put up a link to it in my Food on Friday – Asian Food Series.
JulieMay 21, 2012 at 1:50 am
Tempting clicks n yummy combo:-)
Join me(Erivum Puliyum)
in the following ongoing events-
Show me Your HITS -Iron Rich Foods
EP Series-Ginger or Pepper Corns
HemaMay 21, 2012 at 3:32 am
Very tempting clicks..
Jayanthy KumaranMay 21, 2012 at 3:35 am
sounds interesting ..wonderful presentation ..;)
Priya SureshMay 21, 2012 at 8:53 am
Super tempting and inviting egg roast.
GiancarloMay 21, 2012 at 12:51 pm
Buon inizio settimana…ciao
FamilycookMay 25, 2012 at 5:08 am
Spice up the CurryJune 1, 2012 at 11:07 pm
This egg roast looks really delicious. Love to have with iddiyappam. lovely presentation.