- Carrot -chopped- 1 small
- Cabbage -chopped-1/2 small
- Onion -chopped-1/2 no
- Green chilies -chopped- 2 nos( or to taste)
- Curry leaves- few
- Cumin powder-1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Mustard seeds-1/4 tsp
- Grated coconut- 3 to 4 tbsp
- Coconut oil
- Salt to taste
- Combine together carrot,cabbage,onion,green chilies,curry leaves,cumin powder,turmeric powder and salt to taste in a mixing bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds,let it splutter.Add the prepared vegetables and mix well.Saute for 2 minutes.
- Cover and cook over medium low flame for few minutes or until it is almost done .
- Uncover and add grated coconut and mix well.Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Serve with rice.
—Click here for more Kerala thoran /stir fry recipes.
divyagcpJanuary 18, 2013 at 5:16 pm
Simple and delicious thoran.. Looks colorful
Reshmi MaheshJanuary 18, 2013 at 5:47 pm
Yummy looking thoran…love this..
great-secret-of-lifeJanuary 18, 2013 at 11:59 pm
delicious yummy looking thoran.. nice combination
UnknownJune 12, 2013 at 8:25 am
I like your recipe..will try this today itself 🙂
RobinJanuary 6, 2016 at 11:41 am
Really great presentation. All the recipies are 100% great. Thanks a lot.. Great job