Recipe source: Sanjeevkapoorkhazana, you can find the original recipe here.
- Whole wheat flour–
- Powdered / grated jaggery–
- Sliced almonds and pistachios–
1/4 cup( and more for garnishing-optional)
- Cardamom powder–
- Nutmeg powder–
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan.Add whole wheat flour and fry stirring continuously,until it turns golden.
- Allow this to cool slightly.When it is lukewarm,add grated jaggery and mix well until combined.
- Add sliced almonds, pistachios( if using) ,cardamom and nutmeg powder and mix well.
- Transfer this to a greased tray .Press and level it using the back of a spoon.
- Add chopped nuts on top and press it using a spoon.
- Cut into squares.Allow it to cool completely before transferring on to a serving tray or an airtight container.
SumeeOctober 29, 2013 at 3:09 pm
That looks sooooo good..
Sayantani Mahapatra MudiOctober 29, 2013 at 7:34 pm
incredible recipe and am gonna try it this winter with some date palm jaggery. happy diwali to you and your family.