Chakka Pradhaman-Learn how to prepare Kerala Jackfruit pudding / dessert prepared with ripe jackfruit, jaggery and coconut milk.
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 5 to 8 Cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp Raisins
- 1 and 1/4 cup Ripe jackfruit,finely chopped
- 3/4 cup Water
- 3/4 cup Jaggery ,grated ( according to taste,see notes)
- 1.5 cups Thin coconut milk
- 1 cup Thick coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp Caradamom powder
- 1 pinch Roasted cumin powder
- 1 pinch Dry ginger powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a pan.Add the cashews and fry for about 30 seconds,then add the raisins and fry until it turns golden brown.Set aside until required.
- In the same pan,add the chopped jackfruit and 1/2 cup water.Cover and cook until it turns soft and mushy.
- Meanwhile melt the jaggery along with 1/4 cup water.
- Add the melted jaggery to the cooked jackfruit.Add 1 tbsp ghee and cook stirring continuously for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Next add the thin coconut milk and cook over medium flame ,stirring well in between until the mixture turns thick.
- Add the thick coconut milk and immediately switch off the stove.Add the salt,cardamom powder,cumin powder,dry ginger powder , fried cashews and raisins.Stir well and serve warm or chilled.
- 1 cup=250 ml
- Make sure the coconut milk that you add to the jaggery -jackfruit mixture is at room temperature.If the coconut milk is cold, the mixture might curdle.
- You could also add fried coconuts bits along with the nuts.
- Adjust the quantity of jaggery according to the sweetness of the fruit.