Classic Indian dessert made using thickened milk,cardamom and nuts.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
- Full fat milk- 1 ltr
- Sugar-1.5 to 2 tbsp( or according to taste)
- Cardamom powder- 1/4 tsp
- Almonds,sliced- 2 to 3 tsp
- Saffron strands -to garnish( optional)
- In a heavy bottomed pan /non stick pan,bring milk to a boil over medium flame.
- Reduce the flame to low.When a layer of cream/malai appears on the surface,gently move it to the sides of the pan using a spoon.Stir the milk gently every 3 to 4 minutes to avoid sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Keep collecting the cream/malai until milk is reduced to almost 1/3 rd of its original quantity.
- Now add sugar,boil for about 10 minutes.
- Add cardamom powder and almonds,mix well until combined.Garnish with saffron strands and serve chilled.
- Rabdi can be also served with Jalebi, Shahi tukda or can be used to make Banarasi Lassi.
- Adjust the quantity of sugar according to your taste.
great-secret-of-lifeApril 28, 2014 at 1:14 pm
wow! so creamy and rich dessert
Sayantani Mahapatra MudiApril 28, 2014 at 3:55 pm
one of my fav. dessert.never tried making at home though.lovely clicks as always.
LifewithspicesApril 29, 2014 at 4:24 am
love ur clicks.. yummy rabdi..