Garlic chutney with coconut
Spicy garlic chutney with coconut.Perfect for dosa and idli.
Recipe source:Tarla Dalal ,you can find the original recipe here.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Makes: 1 Cup
- Garlic ,crushed- 6 to 7 cloves
- Dry Kashmiri red chilies,cut into small pieces – 3
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Tamarind Pulp- 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Water- as required
- Coconut oil / Vegetable oil- as required
- Heat oil in a pan,add garlic and dry red chilies.Fry for about 30 seconds,stirring continuously.Now add grated coconut.
- Mix well and cook for about one minute,stirring continuously.Allow this to cool slightly,add tamarind pulp,salt and water ( about 1/2 cup).Grind this to form a smooth paste,in a blender.Serve with dosa / idli.
- Adjust the quantity of red chilies according to your spice level.