Rice cooker Banana Cake
Learn how to make a Perfect Banana cake using rice cooker.
Recipe Source: Everybody eats well in Flanders,You can find the original recipe here.
Prep Time: 10 minutes .
Cooking Time: 60 to 80 minutes
Makes: 8″ Cake
- Banana,mashed- 1 and 1/4 cups( about 5 medium)
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Vegetable oil or melted butter – 3/4 cup
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Eggs – 4
- All purpose flour,lightly spooned into measuring cup and leveled off- 1 and 1/4 cups
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/8 tsp
- I used a 1.5 ltr push lever type rice cooker with a non- stick pot.
- The cooking time depends upon the type / volume of the rice cooker you use.So the cooking time can be anywhere between 45 to 80 minutes.
- Do not open the rice cooker too often to check for doneness,as this may affect the cooking time.Make sure you do not open the rice cooker for at least the first 30 minutes of cooking.
Sayantani Mahapatra MudiNovember 3, 2014 at 2:14 pm
beautiful click. love the warm tone.
LifewithspicesNovember 4, 2014 at 7:22 am
bful clicks.. suuperb recipe
BinuJanuary 4, 2015 at 3:20 pm
The cake luk super delicious.Can this cake be made in pressure cooker. If yes can to tell me the cookin time.
KurryleavesJanuary 7, 2015 at 2:07 pm
I am sure you can bake this cake in a pressure cooker,i tmay take almost 40 to 50 minutes ,but i haven't tried it though.
Check the recipe for' Pressure cooker vanilla cake ' to get details about baking in a pressure cooker.
alternately, you can also steam the cake for about 45 minutes using a steamer .
Do let me know okie…
UnknownAugust 26, 2016 at 5:48 am
I like the way u described using the rice cooker with tips. Superb.
Thanks mam for the recipe
KurryleavesNovember 18, 2016 at 9:49 am
Thank you Priyadarshini.
Vipul TamhaneNovember 24, 2016 at 9:20 am
Done it, nailed it!
Made two of'em 1 in a pressure cooker and the other in a Microwave. Was good to experiment with both.
However the findings are, 1/8 tsp should be 1/2 tsp for better taste. Sugar can come down a notch for those who prefer less sweet. Brown sugar – sugar ratio 1:1 will also work fine here. Vanilla does an amazing job of canceling the egg smell and gives banana to do its job. 1/2 cup milk will help retain the moisture and keep the cake fluffy with boost from the eggs,if microwaved. Rest all was fine and dandy. Nice recipe. Cheers! Vipul Tamhane
CarmieApril 16, 2017 at 2:33 pm
i will try to cook it tomorrow