Muringa Ila Mutta Thoran|Drumstick leaves and egg stir fry-Learn how to prepare this delicious stir fry packed with protein , vitamins and minerals.
Muringa Ila Mutta Thoran
- 1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
- few Curry leaves
- 1 Green chilies ,chopped (or according to taste)
- 2 small cloves Garlic,chopped
- 1/3 cup Shallots,sliced
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 cups Muringa ila / Drumstick leaves,cleaned (loosely packed)
- 2 medium Eggs
- 1/4 tsp Grated coconut
- Coconut oil as required
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan.Add mustard seeds and let it splutter.Add curry leaves, green chilies,garlic and shallots.
- Saute until shallots turns golden brown.Add the muringa ila / drumstick leaves.
- Add the turmeric powder.Cook for about 5 to 8 minutes ,until the leaves turn soft.
- Move the cooked leaves to the sides of the pan.Add 1 tsp oil to the center of the pan and add the eggs along with salt and scramble it quickly over medium heat.
- Add the grated coconut and mix well until well combined.Add more salt as required.Cook over low heat for about 1 or 2 minutes until heated through.Make sure you stir well in between to avoid burning.Serve with rice.